Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2017

All right, here we go! Your objective is simple: be the last person standing by building fast cars.

General Rules:
    • You may make up to 5 cars in total. These must be submitted before the end of round 3 (you need not make them all at once), with at least one participating in each level.
    • Please place your cars in an easy-to-import level, so not the actual track. And enable source code.
    • For each round, you choose which car to use. You want a wide variety of cars so you can adapt to different types of levels.
    • You MAY remove any car and replace it with a new car as long as you have not used it and we have not made it to round 3.

Design Rules:
    • Friction: [0,10]
    • Restitution: [0,1]
    • Density: (0,25]
    • Shapes: at most 20
    • Hinge motors: |speed| ≤ 960, 0 ≤ torque < 2.5e5 (four times the default)
    • Slider motors: |speed| ≤ 6, 0 ≤ torque < 5e4 (four times the default)
    • Springs: use only preset strengths, 0 ≤ damping ratio ≤ 5
    • Triggers: 0
    • Interaction with the player or other cars: 0 unless a level specifically allows it
    • You have an area of 15x11.5 to build in. This will remain constant regardless of growth of the actual tracks.

Level Rules
    • Each player will enter ONE car. You select which car for which round via whisper.
    • The car that finishes LAST will be eliminated. That player will have to continue the competition with 1 less car.

Conduct Rules
    • Reveal your whispers when the round ends.
    • Please, as much as possible try to make your designs less random, so that there is a smaller chance of the winner depending on operating system. If the posted winner differs from what Windows users perceive, I will run tiebreaks.

Courses
    Note that the previews have set all of the values to their defaults. I am not trying to be deceptive, but rather I do not want players simply racing all of their cars and finding out which one is the fastest.

Round One -- Date Not Specified
    This is a fairly straight track with some easy obstacles. The following is a preview.
    -----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMathdude314 (Advanced Member)
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2017

A few things:
    • I am aware that with just four people participating, there would require at least 15 rounds to decide a winner. Therefore I may decide to vary things, post several rounds at once to speed up play, and maybe eliminate more cars in certain rounds.
    • I have not even created a lot of the mechanics of this competition, so it may seem disorganized and unconvincing. Part of this is my laziness, er, schedule, part of it is that I want to wait and see how many people actually sign up, and part of it is just that I am not sure how I want to do things.-----------------
    If less people are active, that will only make for even less activity. Start making those designs!
    Currently working on a one-round no-elimination quick RP game...